Saturday 21 April 2012

Said Yoda


Being granted the opportunity to study in Australia was one of the most exciting highlights of my life. I was granted permission to study 20 hours and work 20 hours per week. This made me even more excited and made my studies more enjoyable.

The Job hunt

Now that I was in the country and commenced with my studies the job hunt began. I registered myself on www.seek.com.au to search for jobs matching my criteria. Of all the thousands of jobs I applied for one came to my rescue, not what I was looking for but hey it pays the bills and I met many interesting people and heard lots of great stories. The Manager called me to arrange an interview for this job I had applied for and this is how it went.

The Interview

When I walked into the building I was gobsmacked thinking what in the world did I drag myself into, so I said to myself Densyl, you’re here now let’s not be a coward and run away. Let’s be a man and end what you started. So the interview commenced and I went through the whole breakdown of the job requirements with the manager he was happy I think I was happy but wasn’t sure but anyway let’s see how it goes. So I got the job at a sex shop. This was something really different for me but because of an enquiring mind I decided to accept the challenge.

The Training

A week later the manager of one of the branches called me in to start training, so there I was in my new job. He went through the whole system of sales and after that we started with the products in the store. He showed me the ranges of products he had and told me what they were used for and the pleasures people get from it. Then he decided to open a few and let me test them to see how they operate. Funny enough I was now standing behind the counter and decided I will start with this penis shaped vibrator called the Rabbit. Took it out of the box put in the batteries, switched it on and watched what it did.

So while holding the vibrator switched on in my hand four guys walked into the store. They stood flabbergasted looking me. As for me not releasing what was happening continued to be amused by this vibrator which was switched on doing its thing in my hand. So there these four guys including my manager who told me to test it were standing watching me play with this vibrator. After a few minutes I realised where I was and what it is I was doing, so very slowly I looked up saw these guys starring at me. I then looked to my right there was my manager looking at me as well. At the point in my life I could not believe that a guy like me weighing 115kg and a height of 1.84m tall could feel as small and a baby pea in a pod. I was really embarrassed.

Quick thinking I decided to say good afternoon gentlemen how could I help you? I think that just released all the tension I was feeling being my first day in the sex shop. These four guys realised I was an employee and laughed at me saying “gee man I was wondering what was going on with you” so I quickly replied no we have check if all products and in good working condition from our suppliers for retail and blah, blah, blah.

This just goes to show that we should always be aware of where we are and what it is that we are doing or about to do.

1 comment:

  1. Now I know why young people use the acronym OMG...well, OMG. Thanks mate.

    ReplyDelete